About the Role
Data is core to upday’s advertising products, content recommendation as well as our overall decision-making process. We are looking for a “Product Owner - Data & Audiences” to lead a cross-functional team of data engineers and analysts. The Data team owns data quality and infrastructure, builds data products, tackles audience & product analysis and enables the data-driven culture across the organization.
- You have 2+ years experience as a Product Owner / in a product management role working closely with Engineers/ Data Scientists
- You have experience in managing/building data products/ BI solutions
- You bring passion for data and building products
- Proven track record of managing technical projects and delivering scalable, production-grade products
- Business Intelligence background is a plus
- You are a excellent communicator and a true team player
- You are experienced with and value agile methodologies
- Very good spoken and written English
- Drive upday’s data & audiences vision and take ownership of the data roadmap and it’s execution with your team.
- Oversee and take responsibility over all our data products, analytics tools and data infrastructure and make sure we work on the right setup.
- Ensure accurate data is the number one priority in all that you and your team deliver, and be prepared to ask the right questions to guarantee that it is.
- Alongside the team, take it upon yourself to find your own insights and share them in a way that creates a data-driven mentality throughout upday.
- Identify ways to leverage our data across multiple business areas.
- Own the team’s backlog and ensure the team’s focus on business value creation.
- Collaborate with the Product Team on the overall Product roadmap.
- Clearly communicate the vision, plans and timelines to key stakeholders.
- Engage in your team and help them grow. Work with the team to ensure we have the right people and set up to achieve our goals.
- Work from our office in Berlin.
What We Offer
A position that offers a great deal of responsibility and impact
- The chance to collaborate with talented colleagues and develop new business models for a content app
- Being part of an international, very exciting and revolutionary project
- A young, dynamic and fun team with experienced colleagues from different departments of Axel Springer (tech, product, marketing, journalism)
- The latest equipment and digital tools
- Competitive salary and contract
If you are interested in joining upday please submit your application including cover letter, CV, your portfolio, earliest starting date, salary expectations and relevant references